All registrations can be found at our workshop catalog located here. Or you can select the date of the course and click on the highlighted link below.
Substitute/TA Training –
Participants will complete the online portions of DASA, School Violence and Child abuse, then complete ½ day of training for the in person DASA portion and ½ day of substitute/TA training. For those not completing the online materials, they may return a second day to do so. Participants will receive DASA, School Violence and the Child Abuse Mandated Reporter Certificates. Cost - $35. The course is offered at the JL BOCESWatertown Campus from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
Registered participants will receive instructions on how to complete the online portions upon the date of the online class opening (noted below).
|Cohort||Registration Deadline/Online class opens||Online class ends||In person class|
|4||February 1||March 13||March 12/13|
TA Certification Exam Prep Course (ATAS)
To be a certified Teacher’s Assistant in NYS, you need to pass the TA certification exam, or ATAS. Participants in this workshop will attend a two day workshop that reviews the content of the ATAS exam. In addition, an online supplemental course is provided for participants to continue to study and review. Cost - $35.The courses are offered at the JL BOCESWatertown Campus from 8:30 am to 3 pm.
|Cohort||Registration Deadline/||In person class|
|3||June 12||June 19/20|
Please note the following:
1. All online course work must be completed prior to the 1 day workshop, or participants must attend the second day to complete the online portions on our campus with provided equipment.
2. JL BOCES is an authorized provider of both the Substitute Teacher and Teacher Assistant Training for Jefferson County and Lewis Counties.
3. All payments of $35 fee to register can be sent or dropped off at the following address: Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, ATTN: Kara Paluzzi, 20104 State Route 3, Watertown NY 13601. The fee can be paid with cash, check or money order (made out to Jefferson-Lewis BOCES). Please do not send cash through the mail.
4. If you have registration questions, please contact Kara Paluzzi at email@example.com or 315-779-7041.
5. If you have technical questions regarding the online classes, please contact Tim Davey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-779-7044.
Teacher Assistant Certification Exam (ATAS)
The exam is administered by NYSTCE at multiple locations across the state and region.