Passage of the TEAS® Exam is required for admission to the Practical Nursing program. Students must register online for the exam. Cost of taking the exam is $92.
Upcoming TEAS® Test Dates: September 18, 2019.
- Go to http://www.atitesting.com and click on "Online Store"
- Under "Register" select "TEAS®"
- Select a "state" (NY) and "city" (Watertown)
- The various testing dates will be listed and select "register" for the date you wish to test.
- Create a username and password for your account if you have not done so already.
- You will then go to the payment screen; all payments are via a major credit card and confirmation is sent to you after payment has been processed.
Students are administered the TEAS® as per their registration.
Scores of Exemplary, Advanced and Proficient are preferred to continue. Please Note: It is advisable to prepare for this test. Contact your local library or visit an online bookstore for a preparation guide. TEAS® Test Prep can also be found on the ATI Nursing Education website. Students taking the exam on or after August 31, 2016, will need to purchase the sixth edition of the TEAS® study manual.
Immediately following the test session, eligible students will call (315-779-7220) for an appointment for the Strong Interest Inventory and an admissions interview.
Students must complete the Strong Interest Inventory and submit a copy of their high school or high school equivalency diploma, current resume, three letters of reference, and an autobiography no later than two-days prior to their scheduled interview.
Students who successfully pass the Pre-Admission Process will be sent the following:
- A letter of provisional acceptance (acceptance is contingent on meeting the drug test requirement) and
- A physical examination form that includes immunization verification’s.
Students will need to submit payment for the drug test in the Adult and Continuing Education Department located in the Administration Building at the Watertown campus. At that time, the student will obtain the drug test form and directions to the lab. CASH or CHECKS only for drug testing.
Students who successfully complete the drug test requirement will be sent a letter of admission indicating the site location, date and time to start the Practical Nurse Program.
Please Note: Students must make tuition arrangements, no later than, one week prior to the start of the course. A completed physical examination form that includes immunization verification’s must be submitted to the Heath Occupations Coordinator no later than three weeks prior to the start of the course.