Board of Education 2019-20
Grace H. Rice, President
Peter E. Monaco, Vice President
Alice M. Draper
Sandra Young Klindt
Michael J. Kramer
Barbara A. Lofink
Jennifer L. Jones
Lynn A. Murray
Michael F. Young
Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES will lead, create, implement and sustain educational programs that meet the ever-changing needs of the students and communities we serve.
The Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES, in cooperation and partnership with our component school districts, community agencies, higher education, business, industry, and the State Education Department:
- Provides high quality and cost-effective educational programs enabling students of all ages to find success.
- Provides life-long learning opportunities that facilitate college, career, and community readiness.
- Provides leadership, resources and support services for component districts to achieve success.
- Communicates with districts and the community regarding educational developments and priorities.
BOARD GOALS 2019-2020
- Continuing Strategic planning and succession planning processes that will help all BOCES departments and programs to prepare for the future.
- Engaging school districts and community partners of the region to identify and maximize opportunities for collaboration in both instructional and non-instructional programs for purposes of continuing sustainability of relevant and needed programs and services.
- Promoting a positive BOCES image at every opportunity, including a system for ongoing evaluation and quality control in all of our programs.
- Maintaining and upgrading our present BOCES facilities to ensure that they will meet the needs of present and future programming.
- Strengthen and promote partnerships with key healthcare agencies and organizations.
- Maximizing the use of the new educational facility in Lowville in partnership with JCC and Lewis County, and maximizing opportunities for a similar facility in Jefferson County adjacent to our Watertown campus.