Admission to the Practical Nursing Program is competitive and primarily based on achievement as defined by the ATI TEAS®. The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®) is designed to assess a student's preparedness to enter the health science fields. Scores of Exemplary, Advanced and Proficient are required for admission consideration. Admission Requirements are detailed here.
1) Students must register online for the TEAS®. The TEAS® fee is $97. Refer to the TEAS® page for specific instructions.
2) Students who are deemed eligible based on TEAS® performance will be given an application.
3) Prospective students must take the Strong Interest Inventory® (no cost) prior to the Admissions Interview (minimum two days). The results of this instrument assist in defining career insights.
4) Submit the following documents at minimum two days prior to the Admissions Interview.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, copy
- 3-Letters of Reference, signed (professional preferred; no familial or significant other letters)
- Autobiography (one page, one inch margins, double-spaced, Arial or Times Roman 12 pt. font)
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA).
6) Students who successfully pass steps one through five will receive a letter of provisional acceptance.
7) Students who successfully complete actions as listed in the provisional letter will receive a final letter of acceptance.