The Test Assessing Secondary Completion or TASC™ Test is a secure, reliable and valid assessment used to assess the achievement of examinees on core content areas taught and assessed as part of typical national high school curricula.The TASC™ test measures high school equivalency and college and career readiness in five subject areas: Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.General information regarding testing in New York State can be found here.
Jefferson-Lewis BOCES TASC™ Testing Center
TASC™ Test Dates for 2019 -2020
Cell Phone Policy: View Policy
Test Center Inclement Weather Policy: View Policy
The Jefferson-Lewis BOCES is an official site for the TASC™ Test.The testing center is contracted by the New York State Education Department.You must meet the following requirements:
- Meet the Age and Residency requirements established by the State of New York
- Provide valid proof of Identity, Age, and Residency
- Not have graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency diploma
- Not be currently enrolled in a regular high school program of instruction leading to a high school diploma or previously earned scores on the HSE Tests sufficient to qualify for a high school equivalency diploma/certificate
- Recieve passing credit for all five subtests of the TASC™ Test.
More information on testing in New York State can be found here.
Contact the Adult Education Office, 315-779-7220, for more information.
Helpful Links for the TASC™ TesT
Data Recognition Corporation TASC™ Test
Use the drop down menu for Test Takers to review:
- About the TASC™ Test
- Preparing for the TASC™ Test
- Taking the TASC™ Test
- After the Test
If you require special accommodations for testing, approval is required prior to the test session. Please refer the submenu, Taking the TASC™ Test, for specific information. The Request for Accommodations form is also located here.
New York State Education Department High School Equivalency Office
- More Information about the TASC™
- TASC™ Test Takers
- Attachment A – Application to Test
- Attachment B – Age Eligibility/Verification to Test
- H Application – Request a Duplicate copy of a diploma or transcript
- Attachment R – Request Regents Credit for a TASC™ Test
- View unofficial TASC™ Test Results
Please Note: The High School Equivalency (HSE) Office in Albany, NY, is the only entity approved to issue high school equivalency diplomas in New York State.If diplomas and/or transcripts are obtained from a source other than the HSE Office, they are not legitimate documents. Examinees who possess them cannot use them for any academic or vocational purposes (e.g. to obtain or upgrade a job, to enter a training program, to enlist in the United States Armed Forces, to enter into a post-secondary institution, college, or university, etc.).