Employment OpportunitiesTo add a job posting to our Student Employment Opportunities page, contact Mallory Douglas, Coordinator of Work Based Learning at (315) 377-7306.Watertown1. Maintenance- Salmon Run Mall, Watertown N.Y.The Salmon Run Mall is accepting applications for a full-time position in the Maintenance Department. Basic skills in building maintenance, repairs, landscaping, and snow removal are required. Some experience in plumbing and electical would be a plus. A valid New York State driver's license is required. The salary is $9.70 per hour wiht an excellent employee benefit package. Please send/bring your resume to: Personnel, Salmon Run Mall Office, 21182 Salmon Run Road, Loop West, Watertown, NY 13601. No phone calls please.2. Weatherization Technician- Community Action Planning Council, Watertown N.Y.
JOB SUMMARY: The technician works with the Energy & Housing Services staff to provide weatherization and energy conservation services to eligible low-income households in Jefferson County. Duties include installing windows and doors, and insulating. EDUCATION: High School diploma/GED required. Vocational or technical training preferred. EXPERIENCE: Basic carpentry experience required.
- Must be supportive and non-judgmental in working with low-income families.
- Ability to work as a team and to cooperate with all Weatherization staff.
- Ability to work 8-10 hours per day; stand for prolonged periods; climb and work from ladders; use hand and power tools; be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, push and pull; exert up to 100 lb. of force occasionally; lift up to 30 lb. frequently; and work in all environmental conditions (i.e. heat, cold, rain).
- Employment is conditional pending completion of a successful criminal background clearance.
- Preference is given to qualified in-house candidates and/or candidates with window and door installation, heating repair and replacement experience.
- Must maintain throughout employment, a valid driver’s license free from infractions.
- Community Action is a Smoke-Free and Substance-Free workplace. Employees are subject to random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug testing.
TO APPLY: Submit employment application form to Community Action Planning Council, 518 Davidson Street, Watertown NY 13601, Fax 315-785-0892, or email email@example.com. Application form available at www.capcjc.org. DEADLINE DATE TO APPLY: 9/29/17.3. Please check with the WorkPlace: The WorkPlace of Jefferson & Lewis CountyOld ForgeSorry, there are no postings at this time.Lewis CountySorry, there are no postings at this time. Please check with the WorkPlace: The WorkPlace of Jefferson & Lewis CountyJefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES provides the Student Employment Opportunities section of our web page as a service to bring together students seeking work with employers who have jobs to fill. Job postings are based on information provided by the employer and Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES does not verify this information independently. Each party should undertake the same level of diligence used in other similar employment-related activities.