Helpful Web Links
American Library Association- www.ala.org/greatsites
- Amazing, Spectacular, Mysterious, Colorful Web Sites for Kids chosen by members of the American Library Association
American Occupational Therapy Association- www.aota.org
- The American Occupational Therapy Association advances the quality, availability, use, and support of occupational therapy through standard-setting, advocacy, education, and research on behalf of its members and the public.
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association- www.asha.org
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association is the professional, scientific, and credentialing association for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists in the United States and internationally.
Arc of the United States- www.thearc.org
- The Arc is the world’s largest community based organization of, and for, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, providing an array of services and support for families and individuals.
www.thearcolc.org Oneida-Lewis County-
- The Arc provides a full spectrum of educational, vocational, residential, family support, service coordination, guardianship, respite care, recreational rehabilitation, day habilitation, clinical, senior, and children services to people with developmental disabilities and their families.
Assistive Technology Training Online Project- http://atto.buffalo.edu/
- Information on Assistive Technology applications that help students with disabilities learn in the elementary classroom.
Central NYDevelopmental Disabilities Services Office- www.omr.state.ny.us/ws/ws_central.jsp
- Central New York DDSO is an agency of the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities and provides individualized services for people with developmental disabilities and their families in Oneida, Herkimer, Madison, Lewis, Onondaga, Oswego, Cortland, and Cayuga Counties.
Children's Clinic- www.childrens-clinic.org
- The Children's Clinic offers a range of programs for children and families including dental, mental health, school based health, WIC/teen pregnancy, pediatric medical care, and family health insurance.
Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County- www.capcjc.org
- A community based organization providing such services as Headstart, Pre-K, The Jefferson/Lewis Childcare Project, referrals for choosing a childcare program, and the Summer Food Service Program.
Disabled Persons Action Organization- www.dpao.org
· It is the mission of the Disabled Persons Action Organization to provide quality and effective individualized services to mentally retarded and developmentally disabled children and adults in Jefferson and Lewis counties.
www.thejrc.org Jefferson Rehabilitation Center-
· JRC is an independent, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide range of services that are designed to enhance the quality of life and maximize the potential of persons with disabilities though education, vocation programs, training, residential services, inclusion and advocacy in a community-based setting.
North Country Transitional Living Services- www.nctls.org
· North Country Transitional Living Services, Inc., (NCTLS) was established in 1977 to assist individuals recovering from mental illness to live independent, productive lives. The agency provides services in Jefferson, Lewis, Herkimer and St. Lawrence Counties in upstate
. New York for Independent Living- www.nrcil.net/NRCIL/graphic/index.html Northern Regional Center
· NRCIL serves people with disabilities and their families in Jefferson and Lewis counties. NRCIL is a disability rights and resource center that promotes community efforts to end discrimination, segregation, and prejudice against people with disabilities.
www.nysed.gov New York State Education Department-
- Education resources for parents, individuals with disabilities, students, teachers, school administrators, and licensed professionals.
Office for People with Developmental Disabilities- www.omr.state.ny.us/index.jsp
- OPWDD's mission is to coordinate and provide services for people with developmental disabilities and their families and to conduct research into the causes and prevention of developmental disabilities.
TRAID Project- www.cqcapd.state.ny.us/asst-tech-traid.htm
- The TRAID Project provides statewide coordination of assistive technology activities for people with disabilities, fosters development of state and federal policies and programs to enhance availability of assistive technology, provides information, training, technical assistance and advocacy on how to obtain and use assistive technology services and devices.
Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities- www.vesid.nysed.gov
- The VESID mission is to promote educational equity and excellence for students with disabilities while ensuring that they receive the rights and protection to which they are entitled.