ARCHOS Announces the Availability of the Child Pad, a 7" ICS "Alvin and the Chipmunks 3" Themed Tablet for Kids
The colorful chipmunk themed Child Pad provides kid's with a safe and fun tablet experience only for $129.99
Denver, CO – May 30, 2012 – ARCHOS, an award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, announced the immediate availability today of their new themed 7" Android™ tablet for children, called the Child Pad. The 7'' "Alvin and the Chipmunks 3" themed Child Pad features a compact light weight design, the latest Android version, 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich", a 1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. The Child Pad can be purchased now for $129.99 SRP at http://childpad.us/ and is soon to be at a variety of retailers.
Key Features & Benefits
• Packaged with smart preloaded content for kids
• Children will have access to specific "Alvin and the Chipmunk 3" content provided by "20th Century Fox®" such as an exclusive behind the scene clips, pictures taken for the movie, wallpaper and an online game
• Includes a pre-loaded 6-month parental control application for child-safe web browsing powered by Editions Profil which is ranked as the most efficient parental control in worldwide benchmarks
• Ready to use with preloaded apps such as Angry Birds, educational, general knowledge and more
• Redesigned interface featuring colored icons and folders with direct access to games, apps and books
• Dedicated kids categories in a specially kids customized application market AppsLib that gives them access to thousands of applications just for them
• Features 4GB* of Flash memory for multimedia capabilities beyond competition in this price range; this is enough room to store 5 movies, 40,000 photos or 2,000 music tracks
• WiFi connection to surf the Web and receive emails
For more information about the Child Pad visit http://childpad.us/.
HP's new digital slate is meant for the classroom. It's wireless and allows the teacher to walk around while controlling lesson plans or drawing diagrams. It's rated to last for 25 hours on a single charge. They have also released a Pocket Whiteboard which is designed to turn just about any surface into a canvas. It's supposed to be more portable than other solutions so that teachers can easily move it from class to class. It comes with a three-button stylus and connects via USB.
HP Press Release - http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2011/110202a.html
Coming this summer is HP's Touchpad, the webOS slate that has been teased for quite some time. A few specifications: 1.6 pounds, 13.7mm thick, webOS 3.0, Touch to share, instant on, gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, 16/32GB, front facing 1.3M webcam, video calling, Wifi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, A-GPS, speakers, microphone.
There are a lot of new slate targeted applications and touchpad specific accessories planned. Watch for it's release this summer.
The Motorola XOOM tablet is a dual core Android 3.0(Honeycomb) based 10.1" tablet. Android 3.0 has been specifically redesigned to support tablet functionality.
1Ghz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor
Front facing(2MP) and rear-facing(5MP + flash) cameras, Adobe Flash Player, 10.1" Widscreen HD display, Android 3.0 - Multitasking OS with print, copy/paste, gestures
3.5mm headphone, micro USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4, Bluetooth, WIFI
32GB Storage - 1GB DDR2 ram
Accessories: Multiple docking options and wireless keyboard
Just write 'save' in front of the URL in the address bar and hit enter. For example: http://saveyoutube.com/watch?v=dXP2GdqYCOM
"Creative today announced the new Live! Cam Socialize HD 1080 HD web camera. Sporting a full HD sensor with 1080p resolution, auto focus wide-angle glass lens and built-in dual adaptive array microphones with beam-forming and noise cancellation technologies, the Live! Cam Socialize HD 1080 is a formidable tool for video chatting and more."
Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile are now selling the Samsung Galaxy Tab. AT&T is scheduled to start selling the highly anticipated tablet on November 21st. Pricing varies by carrier and a WIFI only version is due out shortly to be sold initially at Best Buy. A small sampling of included software - Full flash 10.1 support, RSS reader, Gmail, MS Exchange Activesync - integrated Social Hub and access to the Android marketplace.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab features a 7-inch display with a 1,024-by-600 pixel resolution, runs on a 1GHz processor and 512MB of RAM, and is powered by Google's Android 2.2 mobile operating system. The tablet also has two cameras (3 megapixels in the back, 1.3MP in the front), 16GB of on-board storage, and Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities, add another 32GB of storage via MicroSDHC.) Full HD 1080P Video player and a 720X480 Video Recorder.
For more details - http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/