Board of Education 2013-14
Jeffrey J. Timerman, President
Alice M. Draper, Vice President
Michael J. Kramer
James L. Lawrence, Jr.
Barbara A. Lofink
Lynn A. Murray
Grace H. Rice
Michael F. Young
LONG RANGE GOALS
The BOCES supports the Regents' Bill of Rights for Children and Goals for Elementary, Middle and Secondary School Students (1991) and establishes additional goals.
- To provide programs for students that develop knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to be economically self-sufficient, contributing citizens, who possess a feeling of self-worth, and a desire for life-long learning.
- To continuously evaluate and upgrade programs and develop new services that meet the needs of an "evolving" society and its population.
- To provide leadership throughout the region in identifying educational needs, and in creatively pooling resources and personnel to meet these needs.
- To develop budgetary procedures which recognize the need for providing high quality programs while being cognizant of local economic resources.
- To regularly seek feedback from component Boards of Education and personnel regarding the effectiveness of current programs and needs in the future.
- To maintain or acquire staff, materials and facilities to operate current and future programs.
- To cooperate with other regional agencies and The State Education Department in providing programs and services that have a statewide impact.
- To annually evaluate all personnel for the purpose of continued development and assessment of contributions to the mission and goals of the BOCES.
BOARD GOALS 2013-14
Goal I: The Board will develop a social media policy designed to promote and enhance the visibility of BOCES programs. Such a policy will include but not be limited to strategies regarding the implementation and monitoring of Facebook and Twitter platforms.
Goal II: The Board will support the development of a "BOCES Success Stories" document. The document will highlight the accomplishments of BOCES graduates and will be linked to the BOCES homepage.
Goal III: The Board will support the expansion of the Employer/Employee Labor Relations Services through the development of Intermunicipal Agreements as specified in General Municipal Law (Article 5-G) to interested component school districts
Expand schedule of meetings with component Boards of Education to discuss the quality of BOCES services and explore additional service requests
Continue focus on plan to upgrade the BOCES Administration Building infrastructure.