Board of Education 2015-16
James L. Lawrence, Jr., President
Grace H. Rice, Vice President
Alice M. Draper
Sandra Young Klindt
Barbara A. Lofink
Peter E. Monaco
Lynn A. Murray
Michael F. Young
LONG RANGE GOALS
The BOCES supports the Regents' Bill of Rights for Children and Goals for Elementary, Middle and Secondary School Students (1991) and establishes additional goals.
- To provide programs for students that develop knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to be economically self-sufficient, contributing citizens, who possess a feeling of self-worth, and a desire for life-long learning.
- To continuously evaluate and upgrade programs and develop new services that meet the needs of an "evolving" society and its population.
- To provide leadership throughout the region in identifying educational needs, and in creatively pooling resources and personnel to meet these needs.
- To develop budgetary procedures which recognize the need for providing high quality programs while being cognizant of local economic resources.
- To regularly seek feedback from component Boards of Education and personnel regarding the effectiveness of current programs and needs in the future.
- To maintain or acquire staff, materials and facilities to operate current and future programs.
- To cooperate with other regional agencies and The State Education Department in providing programs and services that have a statewide impact.
- To annually evaluate all personnel for the purpose of continued development and assessment of contributions to the mission and goals of the BOCES.
BOARD GOALS 2015-16