What might my class look like?
Why should I enroll in a online course?
What can I expect as a student in the Online Program?
- You may earn college credit while still in high school.
- You may be able to take more elective courses in college, save money and time by not having to take as many courses, and add a minor or second major more easily.
- You will develop college-level academic skills.
- You will be exposed to the future world of online learning.
- You can expect a rigorous virtual college-level academic curriculum that requires participation in forums, attendance in webinars, and submission of assignments on a daily to weekly schedule.
- Unless otherwise indicated by your district, this course is in addition to your regular school schedule. You will be working on the course in the evenings and on the weekend.
- You can expect to work a minimum of six (6) hours in the course every week.
- An e-learning mentor, your instructor, and technology help desk will be available to provide support.
- Jefferson-Lewis BOCES uses Canvas, a Learning Management
System (LMS) that is the core of our classes. Canvas is the structure
that builds exams, hosts courses, manages data, and helps teachers
keep their focus on teaching and the students' focus on learning.
help support you in seeing your potential in online learning, we
use a tool called Smarter Measure, which analyzes your ability to
be successful in this field. Though not a "test," it helps you see where your strengths will be and helps identify your weaknesses too. This
way, you and your e-learning mentor, counselor, and school can work together to overcome any issues
that may come up.
To log in, click the Canvas logo below:
Do your schoolwork on your phone with these apps!
Policies and Forms
Technology Acceptable Use
Code of Conduct for DL Course
Student Registration Form
AP© | College Board Resources
AP© College Policy Database
AP© Online Course Audit Program
AP© Central- Course Information and Homepages